The Sherlock is a fun puzzle that will exercise your critical thinking skills. When you solve puzzles, you use the pre-frontal cortex of your brain. This is the area responsible for complex cognitive behaviour such as reasoning and decision-making.
The game is available from Marbles: The Brain Store at a price of $49.99. This store specializes in hand-
Who can play this game?
This puzzle game can be played by anyone from the age of 10 upwards. At any age it helps to develop critical thinking skills and as you grow older, the more you exercise your critical thinking skills the better.
The product consists of:
- 52 challenge cards
- 1 wooden puzzle cube
- 32 wood rods
- wooden storage box with view window
How to play
- Choose a challenge card.
- Collect the rods shown on the front of the card.
- Fit the rods into the cube to crack the case.
You need to thoroughly examine each rod so as to strategically fit them into the cube where they lock into place. There are 7 levels of challenge, from elementary to Sherlock. The idea is to work your way up through the levels that become more difficult as you progress.
- Challenge yourself, give your brain a workout and have fun at the same time.
- The puzzles are difficult enough to give you are sense of accomplishment when you finish a level but not so difficult that you become frustrated and want to give up.
- Reasonable price for a product with this kind of workmanship. The puzzle pieces are made of Beech and the box of Pine.
- Makes a wonderful gift.
- It may take a little bit of time to figure out how to insert the rods into the cube so that they lock into place.
In examining the rods, figuring out what won’t work and then strategically fitting the right ones into the cube, your brain is definitely challenged. Progressing from level to level gives you incentive to keep playing. This product is well-priced, considering how well it is made and it does exactly what it is meant to do – develop your critical thinking skills.
The Sherlock – $49.99
from: Marbles: The Brain Store